Free Candidate Assessment Resources Available to OAB Members
Making the right decision on a new hire is one of the biggest challenges that organizations face. According to research by the Society for Human Resource Management, it takes an average of 42 days to fill an open position, at a cost of $4,129 per hire. With the average turnover rate around 19 percent, developing strategies that streamline and improve the hiring process while also reducing the rate of turnover could translate into a sizeable advantage.
The OAB is pleased to offer our member stations with candidate assessment resources to help inform your evaluation of potential new hires. We are partnering with Omnia to provide members with free access to online Pre-Employment Assessments and accompanying Target Reports that provide detailed insights into candidates’ work styles, including preferences for communication, pace, need for structure, and office culture. You can compare candidates to industry benchmarks for proven performers in their field – including sales, administrative and IT/engineering positions. And the Target Reports can help you predict how new AEs might interact with long-established as well as demanding customers. View a sample Target Report here.
Here’s how OAB’s Omnia assessment program works:
- Each OAB member station group or cluster can receive three Omnia Target Reports (valued at $75 each) at no cost, while supplies last.
- After you use your three free reports, pay a special OAB member price of only $20 for each additional report for the rest of 2020.
- Give the initial pre-employment assessment to as many candidates as you’d like. Only the assessments that you request Target Reports for count toward your three free reports.
- Visit http://www.omniagroup.com/broadcasters/ to get your account set-up.
- An Omnia representative will follow up with you to walk you through how to use the program and, when the time comes, they can help you interpret the results from each report.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact Omnia Group’s Carletta Clyatt at Carletta@OmniaGroup.com or (800) 525-7117 ext. 1226. Or, contact the OAB’s Andy Hartzell at firstname.lastname@example.org or (614) 228-4052.