Urban One – Cincinnati
Apply by: June 9, 2023
Radio One is looking for the best and brightest Assistant Chief Engineer to join our Engineering Team in Cincinnati.
• Assists the Chief Engineer with installation, maintenance, or modification of studio broadcasting equipment and transmitter site infrastructure in accordance with FCC compliance
• Maintains station operation through preventative and corrective maintenance
• Establishes and follows routine maintenance procedures and schedules for all broadcast equipment
• Performs necessary measurements of equipment performance
• Installs and performs maintenance on control consoles, audio routers, recording equipment, microphones, digital audio systems, transmitters, antennas, control systems, remote equipment, etc.
• Provides maintenance and support of computer networks and related systems
• Provides regular performance feedback to management
• Works with promotions department to coordinate and maintain remote broadcasts as needed
• Administer safety plan and train employees to meet or exceed OSHA safety standards
• Repairs, installs, and maintains all station equipment including, transmitters, studio equipment, remote equipment, telephones, and computers, and other duties may be assigned
• Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations
• Computer literacy in applicable software packages (Microsoft OS and Office Suite, Scott Studios/Wide Orbit automation, etc.)
• Ability to troubleshoot broadcast equipment to the component level
• Ability to work independently to troubleshoot and repair AM transmitting facility and class C FM transmitting facilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Problem-solving ability and skill in prioritizing
• Knowledge of electrical systems, UPS, and standby generators, record keeping and level 1 maintenance
• Knowledge of telephone systems and protocols including POTS, ISDN, T1, DSL and PRI circuits
• Interact with management and staff at all levels
• Ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates or technical degree in Electrical Engineering, Broadcasting Technology or related field; or equivalent level of experience. Must possess valid state driver’s license . Must provide required proof of personal vehicle insurance.
How to Apply
Apply online at: https://phh.tbe.taleo.net/phh04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=RADIOONE&cws=1&rid=4102
Mandatory Vaccination Requirement
Urban One, Inc. and its divisions (collectively “Urban One” or the “Company”) have implemented a mandatory vaccination policy pursuant to which all employees must be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment to safeguard their health and well-being, as well as that of their coworkers, families, and the community at large, from the risks associated with COVID-19. Candidates should be aware that new employees will be required to be vaccinated by their start date, meaning they have received all of the recommended doses for either one dose or two-dose COVID-19 vaccine, and provide proof of vaccination status (e.g. CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card), which will be kept confidential. Urban One is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief or a medical disability where it does not pose an undue hardship on the Company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.