WLIO-TV: Your Hometown Stations – Lima
Your Hometown Stations, a terrestrial broadcast television station with ABC, CBS, FOX & NBC affiliates located in Lima, Ohio, is seeking an Assistant Chief Engineer to assist the Chief Engineer, as directed. The Assistant Chief Engineer is responsible for the installation, maintenance, and repair of electronic and associated equipment at the station and transmitter site.
This position is a pathway to grow into the Chief Engineer role.
Why WLIO is the best place to work:
• Low-cost family health benefits including Health, Dental, and Vision
• Company paid Health Savings Account
• 100% paid Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability
• Incredible 6% employer 401K match
• Competitive paid time off
• Opportunities for learning and growth
• Collaborative Team with a strong values-based culture
• Learn from industry-leading talent
Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
• Assist and advise in planning of future equipment installations, technical requirements, budgetary recommendations, and facility infrastructure changes
• Assist in managing the building infrastructure. Oversight and maintenance of all station physical assets including buildings, grounds, vehicles, and machines
• Schedule Engineering Department assignments
• Assist with scheduling preventative maintenance of existing equipment; including towers, transmitters, microwave, satellite, earth station equipment, and tenant installations.
• Review and approve maintenance logs and documentation for proper operation of equipment in accordance with Good Engineering Practices
• Co-hire and supervise Broadcast IT staff including oversight of IT systems connected to broadcast equipment.
• Have expert knowledge regarding equipment & technology, and be able to step in and assist in emergency situations (ie: primary power, public utility, communications)
Education & Experience Preferred:
• Three or more years of engineering experience (television industry preferred).
• One year of management, preferably of an engineering team.
• Hands-on experience in studio, SNG, Bonded Cellular, and ENG broadcast operations
• FCC General Class License, Amateur General, or equivalent specialist certifications, Society of Broadcast Engineering A+, ACMT, CTO, CBT, CBTE, or CBNE preferred, but not required. Naval PQS/NEC code or equivalent.
• Engineering degree or related experience.
How to Apply
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply online at: https://tinyurl.com/3k242evh.
Your Hometown Stations is an Equal Opportunity Employer.