WEWS – Cleveland
Are you looking to get into media advertising and digital sales? The E.W. Scripps news station, WEWS in Cleveland, Ohio, is hiring an Associate Account Executive. This position is built to assist and teach a working knowledge of the various moving pieces within broadcast and digital advertising sales.
Scripps offers different types of flex work arrangements for many positions. Please ask your recruiter for more information.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
PHASE I: In the first month of the program, the associate will gain a working knowledge and be trained in the performance of the following types of duties:
• National Sales: Handle airtime sales to advertising agencies and direct clients; process orders into station systems and generate contracts; schedule paid programming; resolve airtime scheduling problems such as revisions, make goods, preemptions, discrepancies, and cancellations.
• Research/Marketing: Prepare analysis of market program audiences and estimates; assist sales in marketing initiatives; create sales campaigns and presentations; work with Comscore ratings/products; learn use of CBS network systems.
• Traffic: Input local copy instructions and orders; manipulate inventory and commercial placement; formatting of daily logs.
• New Media: Gain understanding of multi-platform media such as online media, mobile and digital sales.
PHASE II: In the remaining months of the program, the associate will work with the account executives to become fully immersed in their role as a sales professional.
• Perform client services including but not limited to avail presentations, package preparation, copy writing, credit applications, collections, etc.
• Create non-traditional revenue opportunities.
• Coordinate production efforts for new clients.
• Execute post-buy analyses of broadcast and digital schedules
• Obtain commercial material to be used by Traffic for on-air schedules.
• Develop new business for multiple platforms (such as on-air, mobile, online, digital).
• Utilize research to position the station as premiere marketing vehicle.
• Perform other duties as needed and directed by Sales Management Team.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• College degree from an accredited College or University with a degree in Communications or Marketing preferred
• 0-2 years of sales experience
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
• Working knowledge of Microsoft applications
• Self-motivated creative and possess strong people skills
• Detail oriented with excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills
• Work within a team framework
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
WHAT WE’LL OFFER:
• A career path to grow your professional experiences.
• Full benefits; medical, dental and vision.
• Retirement savings plan with company match.
• Scripps offers different types of flex work arrangements for many positions. Please ask your recruiter for more information.
How to Apply
Please apply at: https://bit.ly/45Oxkix.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com.