WJW TV FOX 8 – Cleveland
Apply by: June 1, 2023
• Maintain station equipment through preventive maintenance and repair.
• Installation, wiring and documentation for broadcast equipment, IT servers, switches, routers.
• Assist News Dept with support for systems such as BitCentral, ENPS, Ross Xpression.
• Perform diagnostics and repair of computer systems. Hardware repair or software installs.
• Operate or assist with transmission of bonded cellular, satellite or RF microwave truck.
• Have basic understanding of technical drawings and documents.
• Ability to interface with outside vendors for repairs or upgrades on systems.
• Minimum 3-5 years experience with IT, electronics, television environment or similar.
• Ability to troubleshoot-repair-operate broadcast equipment including video monitoring, routers, patch panels, fiber, wireless devices, ENG cameras and studio robotic cameras.
• Use of audio-video-data test equipment such as digital waveform-spectrum analyzer.
• Demonstrated IT experience with basic server, networking topology and operating systems.
• Ability to work with management team on design, installation and integration of new equipment.
• Excellent communication and critical thinking skills, ability to prioritize issues.
• Good hand dexterity, ability to climb ladders, work in tight spots, lift minimum 50 lbs.
• Amateur radio operator, FCC license, SBE/Cisco/Microsoft certifications all a plus.
How to Apply
Apply online at nexstar.tv/careers and search for REQ-16797
Nexstar Media Group (NASDAQ: NXST) is a leading diversified media company that leverages localism to bring new services and value to consumers and advertisers through its traditional media, digital and mobile media platforms. Its wholly owned operating subsidiary, Nexstar Inc., consists of three divisions: Broadcasting, Digital, and Networks. The Broadcasting Division operates, programs, or provides sales and other services to 198 television stations and related digital multicast signals reaching 116 markets or approximately 39% of all U.S. television households (reflecting the FCC’s UHF discount). The division’s portfolio includes primary affiliates of NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, MyNetworkTV and The CW. The Digital Division operates 122 local websites and 316 mobile apps offering hyper-local content and verticals for consumers and advertisers, allowing audiences to choose where, when and how they access content and creating new revenue opportunities for the company. The Networks Division operates WGN America, a growing national general entertainment cable network and the home of NewsNation, multicast network Antenna TV, and WGN Radio in Chicago. Nexstar also owns a 31.3% ownership stake in TV Food Network, a top tier cable asset. For more information, please visit www.nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled