WXIX TV FOX19 – Cincinnati
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WXIX-TV, FOX19 NOW, is the FOX affiliate serving Cincinnati and the Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana tri-state area, the nation’s 37th DMA. FOX19 NOW, the station that’s “Always Local, Always Now,” produces over 61 hours of News per week. FOX19 NOW is the leader in Morning News with local coverage from 4:30 a.m. until 11 a.m. each weekday The station airs early evening news 4 to 7 p.m. weekdays and the market’s #1 (A25-54) late, local News starting at 10:00 to 11:30 p.m. FOX19 NOW’s community involvement includes The St. Jude Dream Home, The Alzheimer’s Association, The Pink Ribbon Girls and Special Olympics of Northern Kentucky, among others. We’re proud to serve the community on multiple platforms and broadcast some of the most popular programming in the Tri-State, including NFL on FOX, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy!, and the FOX prime time schedule.
WXIX Fox 19 Now is looking for a passionate and energetic host who knows the community. We are in the Cincinnati market, and want someone who thrives on local community information. You’ll help our viewers throughout their day with a 30-minute lifestyle show that airs on our FOX station. This lifestyle show, focusing on what makes the Tri-State a fun place to live, work, and play, featuring the food, music, arts, culture and more of the region. You’ll help create content that airs in the show as well as interview guests from around the region.
The ideal candidate will be a team player and be able to communicate effectively with management, staff, WXIX Fox 19 Now viewers and our community.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Serve as the host a 30-minute community-focused lifestyle show
• Write, and edit stories with an emphasis on covering local events
• Meet daily deadlines
• Write and post stories on multiple social media and digital platforms
• Report live from various events
• Update station website and social media accounts throughout the day as needed
• Adhere to station branding and promotion
• Adhere to safety rules and programs
• Minimum 2 years anchor or reporter experience
• Resume reel is required.
• An engaging and comfortable on-air personality
• The ability and desire to enterprise and produce local stories and content
• Excellent communicator
• Team player with a positive attitude
• Anchoring, reporting, and producing experience preferred
• Integrity, accountability, teamwork
• Spend extended periods of time sitting, using telephone & computer workstation
• Able to drive a vehicle and spend extended periods of time in a vehicle traveling to and from various locations.
How to Apply
Interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your cover letter, resume, and references
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
WXIX-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company.