WXIX TV FOX19 – Cincinnati
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WXIX-TV, FOX19 NOW, is the FOX affiliate serving Cincinnati and the Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana tri-state area, the nation’s 37th DMA. FOX19 NOW, the station that’s “Always Local, Always Now,” produces over 61 hours of News per week. FOX19 NOW is the leader in Morning News with local coverage from 4:30 a.m. until 11 a.m. each weekday The station airs early evening news 4 to 7 p.m. weekdays and the market’s #1 (A25-54) late, local News starting at 10:00 to 11:30 p.m. FOX19 NOW’s community involvement includes The St. Jude Dream Home, The Alzheimer’s Association, The Pink Ribbon Girls and Special Olympics of Northern Kentucky, among others. We’re proud to serve the community on multiple platforms and broadcast some of the most popular programming in the Tri-State, including NFL on FOX, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy!, and the FOX prime time schedule.
WXIX Fox 19 NOW is searching for a full-time reporter to help with our new Lifestyle Show, highlighting events and unique storytelling here in the Tri-State area of Cincinnati, OH. The style of the show is segment and interview-based, requiring strong ad-libbing and interview skills. At least 1 year of experience on air is preferred. Familiarity with ENPS and Edius or Premiere Pro is a plus.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Provide on-camera contributions to a daily television show
• Pitching local story ideas for the show
• Assisting the Producer with writing show segments
• Maintaining a show social media account and assist with all online content for website
• Interviewing show guests/clients both in-studio and on-location
• Research and present stories on the air
• Researching show topics and developing questions for guests in coordination with Producer
• Participating in events –either station-sponsored or others – to promote the show
• Closely working with sales team and executive producer on sponsored content
• Must have the ability to stay up to date on current events, what’s popular, trendy, etc.
• Proven experience as a reporter or on-air personality
• Resume reel required
• Ability to lift and carry equipment including tripod, camera, and lights
• Ability to produce content in the field independently
• Strong ad-libbing and interview skills
• Ability to prioritize and address multiple projects with varying production timelines
• Must be energetic, positive, and great in a team environment
• Must be a highly motivated self-starter, able to work well alone and as part of a team
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
How to Apply
Interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your cover letter, resume, and references
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
WXIX-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company.