WEWS – Cleveland
Apply by: November 30, 2023
Provide preventive maintenance and emergency repairs of video, audio and radio frequency (RF) systems, including satellite and microwave equipment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Responsible for preventive maintenance and emergency repairs of video, audio and radio frequency (RF) systems, including satellite and microwave equipment.
• Drive, set up and operation of a Satellite IP truck.
• Maintain logs and records as required by laws and per FCC Rules and Regulations.
• Install and maintain video, audio, RF and computer equipment. These systems include digital transmitter system, microwave systems and of all broadcast equipment including, but are not limited to studio camera and switching systems, video monitors and technical measurement devices, video file servers and automation systems, electronic graphic systems.
• Install, maintain and operate all studio equipment.
• Maintain and repair news bureau equipment, ENG equipment, IP truck, satellite dishes and related equipment.
• Assist in the design of any improvements to our operation.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• Associates degree in related discipline or equivalent years of experience preferred
• Specialized training/certification may be required
• Generally, 2+ years of experience in related field preferred
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
• Ability to use a variety of equipment including but not limited to: Ross switchers, Logitek audio consoles, Panasonic cameras, Ross Inception, Ross Xpression, Final Cut editing systems, Harris automation and Nexio video servers. RF and transmitter experience a plus. CAD experience a plus
• Must be a senior technician or paraprofessional highly experienced with a similar level of responsibility
• Ability to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently
• Must have knowledge of FCC rules. The use of test equipment and soldering skills required.
• Ability to guide and coach colleagues
• Ability to effectively communicate with departmental and station personnel as required
• Ability to work independently under timeline to achieve departmental and station goals
• Must be able to comprehend schematics, mechanical drawings and technical manuals
• Ability to prioritize
• Must be able to work with microwave, transmitters and satellites
• Ability to effectively work and communicate with others
How to Apply
Please apply at: https://bit.ly/3LIBqS8.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com.