WEWS – Cleveland
WEWS, The ABC affiliate in Cleveland, Ohio owned by The E.W. Scripps Company is searching for a creative and driven Multimedia Journalist / Reporter to join the team. The MMJ / Reporter will know how to dig for, pitch, and produce stories that impact the community. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, researching, writing, capturing video, and editing for multiple platforms. Cleveland has a diverse and strong economy and a thriving arts scene including Playhouse Square. Join an outstanding newsroom! Apply today!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Develop sources and break relevant stories on all platforms.
• Pitch, shoot, write, edit, and track compelling enterprise and real-time stories.
• Confirm accuracy of information before publishing, posting, or broadcasting stories.
• Pitch stories that impact local communities and neighborhoods.
• Produce packaged reports and go live from scenes when necessary.
• Help news producers prepare newscasts by identifying the best video and sound, and showcasing elements.
• Publish and post regular updates as information dictates.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• Bachelors degree in broadcast journalism or related degree or equivalent years of experience.
• Minimum of two years of experience.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
• Curiosity, resourcefulness, and a desire to change the way local news is gathered and presented.
• Deep knowledge of current and emerging social media platforms.
• Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems.
• Basic videography and non-linear editing experience preferred.
• Ability to edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment.
• Strong broadcast and AP-style writing skills.
• Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
How to Apply
Please apply at: https://bit.ly/3AJO7WT.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com.