WEWS – Cleveland
WEWS, The ABC affiliate in Cleveland, Ohio owned by The E.W. Scripps Company is searching for a creative and driven Morning Reporter to join our team. We are searching for a dynamic live storyteller who knows how to dig for, pitch, and produce stories that impact the community. Cleveland has a diverse and strong economy and a thriving arts scene including Playhouse Square. Join an outstanding newsroom! Apply today!
You MUST include a link to a demo reel that shows examples of your storytelling work as a live Reporter.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Receive assignment or evaluate news leads and news tips to develop story ideas.
• Gather and verify factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
• Organize material, determine slant or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
• Shoot video to illustrate stories.
• Edit, or assists in editing, videos for all multimedia platforms.
• Appear on television program when conducting taped interview or narration
• Give live reports from site of event or mobile broadcast unit.
• Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story, if one is assigned.
• Assist news producer in preparing newscast.
• Assist online staff in preparing for multi media stories.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• BS/BA in related discipline or equivalent years of experience preferred.
• Generally, 3+ years of experience in related field preferred.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
• Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems.
• Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred.
• Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
• Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment.
• Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
• Proficient at posting content to various websites.
• Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
• Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and ability to provide proof of insurance with the company required insurance limits.
How to Apply
Please apply at: https://bit.ly/3LUXGrN.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com.