WEWS – Cleveland
Apply by: July 5, 2023
WEWS, The E.W. Scripps Co. ABC affiliate in Cleveland, Ohio is seeking a creative non-linear News Photojournalist. This individual will create visual content and audio material for compelling stories.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Capture and edit visual content for multiple platforms. Will also be responsible for operating various news gathering equipment, including but not limited to microwave live truck, video camera, and video editing equipment.
• Capture and edit visual content for multiple platforms
• Operate and maintain live equipment including microwave, satellite and related news gathering equipment
• Work in tandem with newsroom personnel to create and develop news stories
• Perform other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• 2+ years experience as a photographer preferred
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
• Proficiency with lighting and computer based editing.
• Proficiency with live microwave truck operation.
• Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws
• Knowledge of and proficiency in posting content to station’s web sites
• Able to work efficiently under multiple deadlines on a daily basis
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
How to Apply
Please apply at: https://bit.ly/3mEorYm.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com.