iHeartMedia Stations – Dayton
Apply by: February 7, 2024
The audio revolution is here – and iHeart is leading it! iHeartMedia, the number one audio company in America, reaches 90% of Americans every month — a monthly audience that’s twice the size of any other audio company – almost three times the size of the largest TV network – and almost 4 times the size of the largest ad-supported music streaming service. In fact, we have:
• More #1 rated markets than the next two largest radio companies combined;
• We’re the largest podcast publisher, with more monthly downloads than the second- and third-largest podcast publishers combined. Podcasting, the fastest-growing new media, today has more monthly users than streaming music services or Netflix;
• iHeart is the home of many of the country’s most popular and trusted on-air personalities and podcast influencers, who build important connections with hundreds of communities across America;
• We create and produce some of the most popular and well-known branded live music events in America, including the iHeartRadio Music Festival, the iHeartRadio Music Awards, the iHeartCountry Festival, iHeartRadio Fiesta Latina and the iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Tour;
• iHeartRadio is the #1 streaming radio digital service in America;
• Our social media footprint is 7 times larger than the next largest audio service; and
• We have the only complete audio ad technology stack in the industry for all forms of audio, from on demand to broadcast radio, digital streaming radio and podcasting, which bring data, targeting and attribution to all forms of audio at an unparalleled scale. As a result, we’re able to combine our strong leadership position in audience reach, usage and ad tech with powerful tools and insights for our sales organizations to help them build success for their clients at a more efficient cost than any other option.
Because we reach almost every community in America, we’re committed to providing a range of programming that reflects the diversity of the many communities we serve – and our company reflects that same kind of diversity. Our company values stress collaboration, curiosity, welcoming dissent, accepting mistakes in the pursuit of new ideas, and respect for everyone.
Only one company in America has the #1 position in everything audio: iHeartMedia!
If you’re excited about this role but don’t feel your experience aligns perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At iHeartMedia we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace and are looking for teammates passionate about what we do!
What We Need:
We’re seeking a Board Operator to provide programming and control board support to On-Air Talent.
What You’ll Do:
• Operate control board for studios and remote programming
• Regulate program timing, operate syndicated programming, and play commercials
• Monitor the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from master control room
• Support off-air commercial production, dubbing music to hard disk and programming automation computers
• Protect station’s license by censoring live programs and deleting words/phrases not permitted on air
• Execute playlists for server, tape, or simulcast programming
• Assist with adjusting signal and programming content to ensure transmission meets federally mandated broadcast standards
• Process time-out programming for accurate play back
• Monitor and update weather, traffic and news reports into automation equipment
• Check studio equipment for proper functioning and notify Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast
• Screen in-coming phone calls and selectively choose callers for On-Air Talent and talk shows
• Handle emergency inserts (e.g. news updates, breaking stories, alert system tests, etc.)
What You’ll Need:
• Flexibility in work schedule, including evenings, overnight and weekends
• Comfort in a fast paced environment with tight timeframes and multiple demands
• Previous experience in a related role and/or technical training
• Experience with Microsoft Office, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
What You’ll Bring:
• Respect for others and a strong belief that others should do this in return
• Ability to work within standardized procedures and an understanding of when to escalate
• Skills to solve straightforward problems using established procedures
• Close attention to detail, following up until issues are resolved
• Common courtesy when communicating with coworkers and outside contacts
iHeartMedia’s benefits offering is flexible and offers a variety of choices to meet the diverse needs of our changing workforce, including the following:
• Employer sponsored medical, dental and vision with a variety of coverage options (employees meeting ACA measurement)
• A 401K plan
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no cost – services include telephonic counseling sessions, consultation on legal and financial matters, emotional well-being, family and caregiving
• A range of additional voluntary programs, such as spending accounts, student loan refinancing, accident insurance and more!
How to Apply
Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.