WEWS – Cleveland
Apply by: June 30, 2023
WEWS, The ABC affiliate in Cleveland, Ohio owned by The E.W. Scripps Company is searching for a creative and driven Weekend Anchor / Reporter to join the team. The Weekend Anchor / Reporter will know how to dig for, pitch, and produce stories that impact the community. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, researching, writing, capturing video, and editing for multiple platforms. WEWS is searching for a strong storyteller who can bring depth and context to hard news. The perfect candidate will know how to develop the kinds of sources that will break news. Why Cleveland? It’s a “big little city” on the lake with beautiful beaches, hiking trails, nearby skiing, and a great cost of living. Not to mention the incredible food. Cleveland has a diverse and strong economy and a thriving arts scene including Playhouse Square. Join an outstanding newsroom! Apply today!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Anchor the newscast.
• Research, gather, write and develop news content for multiple platforms.
• Report live on location from various news events when assigned.
• Perform various community service activities for station, including performing as master of ceremonies for public service events and as host/hostess for station events.
• Perform other duties as needed and assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• Bachelors degree in related discipline preferred or equivalent years of experience.
• Generally, 6+ years on camera experience preferred.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
• Must connect on camera with a sense of urgency.
• Ability to cultivate sources and mine stories.
• Knowledge of newsroom computers and computer databases strongly preferred.
• Must demonstrate strong news judgment and organizational skills.
• Must have keen sense of logistics and ability to work well under intense pressure and deadlines.
• Must have good creative and editorial judgment. Mastery of journalistic ethics and libel law.
• Must be able to speak clearly and concisely.
• Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and ability to provide proof of insurance with the company required insurance limits.
How to Apply
Please apply at: https://scripps.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Scripps_Careers/job/Weekend-Anchor—Reporter–WEWS_JR031505-1.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com.