From closed businesses to stay-at-home orders and working remotely, it is certainly not business as usual for broadcast sales during the coronavirus pandemic. The OAB is here to support you with a compilation of resources – and we will continue to add new resources as they become available. If you have suggestions for other links or resources we can provide, please let us know.
OAB and Partner Webinars
These resources are available free to staff at all OAB member stations, however a member login is required. If you have not created a new user account in the last month, click here.
- 5/21/20 – Borrell & Associates Archive – Crisis Marketing: The Importance of Advertising in the Current Environment
- 4/24/20 – P1 Learning Archive – Enough! A Webinar For Advertisers
- 4/22/20 – P1 Learning Archive – Enough! Why Survive, When You Can Thrive! A Webinar for Your Clients
- 4/6/20 – P1 Learning Archive – Enough! A Survival Guide for Success in Today’s Remote Office Environment
- 3/27/20 – OAB-Exclusive Archive – Paul Weyland: How to Work with Clients During the Coronavirus Lockdown
- P1 Learning – 11 Training Courses for Uncertain Times
- Local Broadcast Sales (LBS) – requires an LBS account which is available at no cost to OAB members.
- LBS – You Can’t Sell It If You Can’t Tell It Archive coming soon!
- LBS – The Survival Marketing Workshop
- LBS – Broadcast Sellers Can Be Sales Leaders During an Unsettled Economy
- LBS – Sales Strategies Amidst COVID-19 Cancellations
- LBS – How to Work from Home
- LBS – COVID-19 Series: Be The Best In Your Market!
- 3/25/20 – Radio Advertising Bureau – BUSINESS UNUSUAL – How to talk to your advertisers now
- 4/1/20 – Inside Radio – Mike O’Malley On How To Convince Advertisers To Remain On Air
- 3/29/20 – Radio Ink – What Type of Ads Should You Be Running Now?
- 3/25/20 – Inside Radio – How To Keep Current Clients On The Air And Approach New Ad Categories
- 6/25/20 – Automotive World – TrueCar’s ALG Forecasts Vehicle Sales for June and Q2 2020
- 6/10/20 – CBT Automotive Network – The Automotive Industry’s New Normal
- 6/2/20 – CarScoops – U.S. Auto Sales Rebound In May As Automakers Embrace Online Sales And Incentives
- 5/11/20 – Transport Topics – Biggest US Car Dealer Declares Recovery Underway
- 5/6/20 – Automotive Management – Cox Automotive Predicts W-Shaped COVID-19 Recovery and 29% Sales Decline
- 4/29/20 – CNY Central – Car Dealerships Suffer Financially, but Ready for Safe Showroom Appointments
- 4/24/20 – cnet – Car Sales Under Coronavirus Already Recovering, Latest Data Shows
- 4/17/20 – Driving – 4 More Predictions for the Post-COVID-19 Automotive World
- 4/2/20 – CNBC – Detroit Automakers Take Market Share as Consumers Flock to Pickup Trucks Amid Coronavirus Outbreak
- 4/1/20 – IEEE – Automakers Pivot to Produce Ventilators, Respirators, and Face Masks
- 3/24/20 – EIN – United Car Care Reviews How Coronavirus is Impacting the Automotive Industry
- 3/24/20 – Wards Auto – Auto Shopping Drops 25% First Half of March
- 3/23/20 – Digiday – Why auto ad spending is holding steady — and looks likely to remain so
- 3/17/20 – Forbes – Navigating Experience-Driven Disruption In The Automotive Industry
- 6/19/20 – MediaPost – Marketers, Agencies Say It’s Time Campaigns Go Multilingual, Multicultural
- 6/16/20 – MediaPost – IAB Survey Forecasts 20% Ad Declines For 2020, Digital Media Recovering Faster Than Linear TV
- 6/9/20 – MediaPost – How To Use TikTok To Advance Brand Strategy
- 5/13/20 – MediaPost – D2C Brands Driving The Highest Traffic To Their Sites
- 5/6/20 – TheStreet – What Google, Facebook, Amazon and Others Have Reported About March and April Ad Sales
- 4/20/20 – Customer Think – Five Digital Media Tactics to use During the Corona Crisis
- 4/9/20 – MediaPost – Social Media Users Value Brands Responsive To COVID-19 Crisis
- 4/1/20 – Ad Exchanger – The Coronavirus Pandemic Is Putting Pressure On Ad Tech
- 3/30/20 – Digital Media Solutions – Ecommerce Ad Spend Doubles As Consumers Self-Isolate
- 3/26/20 – MediaDailyNews – Consumers Vs. The Ad Trade: How COVID-19 Impacts Their Media Consumption
- 3/24/20 – VideoInsider – Amid The Crisis, Video Ad Inventory Growing, Overall Digital Ad Spend Holding Its Own
- 6/22/20 – Banking Exchange – How US Banks are Responding to Racial Injustice
- 6/8/20 – Forbes – 5 Examples Of What Post-COVID Retail Will Look Like
- 6/4/20 – Housing Wire – Mortgage Rate Rises 3 Basis Points from a Record Low
- 5/27/20 – TechRepublic – 63% of US Employees say COVID-19 has Changed the Workplace Forever
- 5/9/20 – Fox 5 New York – Americans Might Wait Three Months to Seek Healthcare After COVID-19 Restrictions Lifted
- 5/2/20 – The Hill – Retail Chains Face Uphill Battle Getting Shoppers Back in Stores
- 4/29/20 – Reuters – Big U.S. Banks to be Temporarily Locked out of Small Business Lending Program
- 4/27/20 – CNBC – Curbside Pickup at Retail Stores Surges 208% During Coronavirus Pandemic
- 4/17/20 – Forbes – 3 Ways That Coronavirus Will Significantly “Disrupt” The Healthcare Industry
- 4/13/20 – Martech Advisor – How is COVID-19 Impacting Advertising, Marketing and Media?
- 4/2/20 – AdWeek – Americans Want Brands to Do Their Part Against Coronavirus, Then Advertise
- 3/31/20 – Bankrate – Survey: Majority of Americans have cut their spending because of coronavirus concerns
- 3/27/20 – Media Post – Consumers Are Jaded Over Retailer COVID-19 Messages, Study Shows
- 3/26/20 – Chain Store Age – Survey reveals demographic differences in consumer response to COVID-19
- 3/25/20 – Chain Store Age – Analysis: Retail Starting Down a New Path with COVID-19
- 3/24/20 – Progressive Grocer – Frozen Foods See a Resurgence, Attract New Fans
- 3/23/20 – Drug Store News – Survey: How COVID-19 has changed shopper behavior
- 3/18/20 – Supermarket News – Consumers spend average of nearly $180 on coronavirus-related shopping trips
- 3/17/20 – CNBC – Even with $1 trillion stimulus, hit to economy and employment from virus will be big
Get articles like these delivered to your inbox every Monday morning. The weekly Insight Edge newsletter provides top headlines in key advertising categories. If you’d like to subscribe, contact the OAB’s Andy Hartzell.
LBS – Training, Consulting and Research
The OAB’s partnership with Local Broadcast Sales provides broadcast and digital sales teams at our member stations with a wide range of training, consulting and research resources on a wide range of topics. Learn more
FCC Hotline – Have a question about an FCC rule?
The OAB’s FCC counsel of Brooks, Pierce, McLendon, Humphrey & Leonard, LLP, staffs a hotline exclusively for OAB members. Go to the Hotline.
Ohio Info-Line – Question on an Ohio-specific advertising regulation or rule?
The OAB’s Ohio counsel of Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease, LLP, offers this hotline for questions on general information regarding Ohio laws and rules governing advertising and other state issues. Go to the Info-Line.