Poynter Webinar: Battling Bias
This webinar is part of a series presented by the Poynter Institute and made available through participating state broadcasters associations.
This session's topics will include:
- Where do our biases come from?
- How do we recognize our own biases?
- Eight kinds of biases that can influence our journalism (these don’t make you a bad person, they mean you are normal)
- How biases influence who is in and out of our coverage
- How you can find new voices that will give you new insights, even on deadline
- How biases even show up in our Google searches
- The MOST likely place your biases might show up in a carefully crafted story