Support your station and your staff
Your OAB membership supports your station in serving your local community. The OAB provides tools and resources for all parts of your station operations in three primary areas: advocacy, compliance and training.
Advocacy: The OAB defends and promotes the interests of Ohio broadcasters at the federal and state levels.
- Advocate on key issues of importance to radio and television stations with the Ohio Congressional delegation.
- Monitor FCC rulemakings and file comments in proceedings where appropriate.
- Organize Capitol Hill and district meetings for OAB members with our Congressional delegation.
- Monitor legislation in Ohio General Assembly that impacts broadcasters.
Compliance: The OAB helps you stay current on federal and state rules and regulations impacting your station.
- Connect with our legal hotlines to answer your questions at both the state and federal level.
- Dig deeper into the details that matter with legal guides and webinars on key issues, including political broadcasting rules, FCC EEO rules, music licensing rules and Ohio advertising regulations.
- Get the latest alerts and guidance in your inbox with legal bulletins from our FCC and Ohio counsel.
- Ensure your station is protected from routine FCC inspections for three years with our Alternative Broadcast Inspection Program.
- Stay current on Ohio’s Emergency Alert System plan and monthly test schedule, as well as Ohio’s Alert Programs.
- Review our list of employer postings to ensure you’re up-to-date on the most recent federal and state posting requirements.
- Access workplace safety resources to ensure a safe working environment for your employees.
Training: The OAB offers relevant training from trusted industry experts across multiple disciplines.
- Keep your sales staff current with monthly sales webinars covering essential skills and hot topics.
- Onboard and train your new sales hires with our quarterly new seller training program.
- Watch for special live webinars that go in-depth on hot topics and compliance issues throughout the year covering sales, engineering, news and HR. Most of our live webinars are recorded and made available on demand.
- Attend in-person training and networking opportunities specifically for Ohio broadcasters.
Additional Business Services: The OAB provides other benefits that help you support your employees. You can:
- Discover the best talent for your station with unlimited free job postings on the OAB job board.
- Ensure your job candidates are the right fit before you hire with free candidate assessment resources.
- Stay current on the issues and trends impacting your advertising clients with the weekly Insight Edge e-newsletter.
- Save on your workers’ comp premiums by participating in the OAB’s group rating program.
- Support station employees and their children by encouraging participation in the OAB Kids scholarship.
2021 Engineering Conference – Nov. 17, 2021
The OAB, Indiana Broadcasters Association and the Kentucky Broadcasters Association welcome broadcast engineers and multimedia professionals to join us at the Greater Columbus Convention Center on Wednesday, Nov. 17, 2021, for the Midwest Broadcast and Multimedia Technology Conference.
Your engineering and IT staff won’t want to miss this full-day learning and networking experience designed especially with broadcast engineers in mind.