WKRC TV – Cincinnati
Apply by: July 10, 2023
WKRC is looking for a take-charge General Assignment Reporter to help us continue to grow our audiences! We are seeking a motivated, energetic, creative, and aggressive reporter who can think and perform outside the box. The ideal candidate should be able to develop story ideas and gather information for newscasts, have sound writing skills, a great work ethic, and a can-do attitude. The best person for this job will have excellent live shot skills and the ability to ask the right accountability questions of the right people.
No day will look the same as a Reporter, however, the main responsibilities of the role will include:
• Create, and write meaningful stories for station’s newscasts that can be used across multiple platforms
• Provide news on-air as directed from the news management team
• Engage with local community members
• Review material for fairness, accuracy, and balance
• Work closely with all members of the news team, which would include Producers, Editors, Anchors, News Directors etc..
Additionally, this person should have…
• Proven knowledge and experience working with current media creation tools and contemporary newsroom systems
• Excel in storytelling across multiple platforms
• Strong writing and copy-editing skills are a must
• 2 years of experience as a Reporter
• Must be able to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines
How to Apply
Apply online at: https://edyy.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_2002/job/10462.
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!