State of Ohio Emergency Alert System (EAS)
State of Ohio Emergency Alert Plan
The state of Ohio has established the State of Ohio Emergency Alert Plan, in compliance with FCC rules and regulations, for the distribution of emergency information, instructions and warnings to the citizens of Ohio. Ohio’s EAS plan was prepared by members of the State Emergency Communications Committee (SECC) in cooperation with the State of Ohio Emergency Management Agency (EMA) and the National Weather Service (NWS).
- State of Ohio EAS Plan – approved by FCC – 3/18/2019 (rev. 11/2021) – this version contains updates to:
- Attachment I – LP monitoring assignments for South Central Operational Area (10-2020)
- Attachment III – LP stations in the South Central Operational Area (10/2020) and participating station updates (11-2021)
- Attachment IV – updates to chairs for operational areas (1-2021)
- Map of Ohio EAS Operational Areas
- 2021 EAS Operating Handbook
2023 Schedule for Required Monthly Tests
The 2023 schedule of Required Monthly Tests (RMTs) is available here. As in past years, all RMTs will originate from the State of Ohio’s Emergency Operations Center.
RMTs in even-number months will originate at 3:50 a.m. local time. RMTs in odd-numbered months will originate at 9:50 a.m. local time.