Nexstar Media Group – Youngstown
Are you looking for an exciting career move that has unlimited financial potential, great benefits and works with a variety of local businesses?
Media Sales with Nexstar Media Inc. in Youngstown, Ohio; WKBN-TV, WYFX-TV, WYTV and MyYTV have an opportunity for an experienced salesperson. We are looking for a solution-oriented, digital savvy and confident individual to join our team. Self- motivation, creativity and tenacity will make you a success in this field, this individual will sell television commercials and digital campaigns to local and regional advertisers. Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and digital terminology. They must be used to using a CRM. Knowledge of any advertising sales, Comscore, Nielsen Wide Orbit and Matrix are helpful but not necessary. A positive and willingness to learn attitude is mandatory.
Sells comprehensive media solutions to local and regional accounts in a geographic territory to achieve sales targets and maximize revenues. You will represent 4 TV stations and 2 websites plus additional digital solutions.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Identify, develop, and expand existing and new client relationships and key accounts.
• Maintain close communications at various stages in the sales cycle including account updates, weekly projections
and forecasting of future advertising.
• Conduct research on target markets and trends and adjusts sales strategy accordingly.
• Ensure clear understanding and interpretation of client needs, and recommend appropriate solutions, in order to
• Develop short- and long-range plans for revenue growth.
• Negotiate advertising rates, create oral & written presentations; generate packages.
• Monitor accounts receivables.
• Research, analyze and monitor competitive media for new leads.
• Knowledge of online/digital and interactive advertising tools in order to advise advertisers and peer advertising
sales representatives on the effective use of online/digital and interactive advertisements.
• Strong problem solving, communications, writing, negotiation, and presentation skills.
• Must be well organized, display a professional demeanor, exude high energy, and show attention to detail.
• Must be a confident, flexible, multi-tasker, and be able to work independently.
Education/Experience: bachelor’s degree preferred with an emphasis in Business/Marketing or Communications. Sales related experience preferred.
Training/Equipment: Strong MS Office skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: A valid driver’s license, state mandated automobile insurance and an acceptable driving record are also required.
NOTE: This job description contains basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
How to Apply
Apply online at http://www.wkbn.com/about-us/work-for-us.
********* EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *********