Nexstar Media Group – Youngstown
WKBN-TV in Youngstown, Ohio is looking for a full-time Multimedia Production Associate. The ideal candidate will have a desire to work in a multi-tasking environment. Must have the ability to work closely with the digital and television teams.
Job requirements include:
• Strong writing skills and knowledge of AP style. All applicants will be given a writing test.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, including strong editing, grammar, and proofreading skills.
• An interest in digital journalism and the ability to write copy that engages the reader.
• Understanding of social media and its relationship with content and news analytics.
• A capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously and maintain flexibility with shifting responsibilities.
• The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Calm demeanor and positive attitude under pressure.
• Computer skills required. Photoshop and WordPress experience a plus.
• Flexible hours required, including mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Additional duties: Operate various equipment (cameras, graphics) during newscasts/media production.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma. Journalism degree preferred. Experience in television, film, or post-production preferred but not required.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
How to Apply
Apply online at http://www.wkbn.com/about-us/work-for-us.
********* EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *********