Cox Media Group WHIO TV is looking for a Maintenance Technician who will be involved in the installation, troubleshooting and support of the infrastructure and systems within the broadcast facility. The candidate must have a passion for broadcast engineering/IT and be comfortable with current media technologies, concepts and emerging trends (i.e., Broadcast technology as software, Streaming, OTT, Cloud Computing, etc.). This Position reports to the Engineering Manager for television.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Installation, configuration and maintenance of critical on-air video, audio, signal processing and transmission systems
• Troubleshoot and repair a variety of TV broadcast and production equipment
• Provide operational support for end-users; respond to help desk tickets and calls
• Interface with third party vendors and support technicians
• Lead, execute, and complete projects as directed by management
• Cable installation and termination
• All other duties as assigned
• Possess strong engineering, IT/networking, and troubleshooting skills
• Be able to reimage or build up servers and desktop computers at the OS level
• Have experience with RF equipment such as broadcast transmitters and microwave equipment
• Demonstrate excellence in documentation and system drawing
• Have excellent interpersonal and communications skills
• Be a self-starter and able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment, working both independently and as a part of a diverse team
• Be project oriented, organized and able to list previously executed projects from concept to completion
• Demonstrate the ability to pivot and manage changing priorities and tight deadlines
• Be willing to expand knowledge of emerging broadcast industry concepts/technologies
• Have a reliable mode of transportation (public transportation is not suitable)
• Must hold and maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• AutoCAD and Visio software
• Avid & iNews, Imagine, Evertz, RTS, Ignite
• Remote access systems (LogMeIn, TeamViewer, VNC, etc.)
• Automated Production Control software experience
• Experience with Broadcast Automation Systems and related equipment
• Newsroom NRCS/MAM Systems experience
• Adobe Creative Software Products experience
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our Engineering team here at WHIO, please apply at: https://careers.cmg.com/job/Dayton-Maintenance-Technician-WHIO-TV-OH-45409/1112940300/.
Cox Media Group Ohio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the FCC’s EEO regulations, any organization that distributes information about employment opportunities to job seekers or refers job seekers to employers may request that it be provided notice of Cox Media Group Ohio job vacancies as they occur.
If your organization would like to be notified of such vacancies, please contact:
John Monroe, Regional Director, HRBP
Cox Media Group, 4145 Evergreen Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15214
Each organization that wishes to be given notice of job vacancies must provide its name, mailing address, e-mail address (if applicable), telephone number, and contact person, and identify the category or categories of vacancies of which it requests notice. (An organization may request notice of all vacancies).